Something got me to thinking....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011
I was talking to a friend on yesterday about vacations. As the conversation progressed, my friend said those words that no Disney Fan ever wants to hear. It was the infamous "Next time, you need to do something non-Disney, and do something different". I admit that I was shocked at the statement especially coming from a friend . Now do I think that she meant any harm? Absolutely Not!

This got me to thinking... Why do most even care?

  1. Do they care because they plan on purchasing a vacation for you? If so, they should let me know. 
  2. Do they feel it is their duty to save you from yourself, and "help" you find alternatives, even though you are fully aware? 
  3. Are the jealous? There is no need for this.
  4. Are they TIRED of hearing the stories? If so, wouldn't they say so :o) LOL. Now this is not an issue for me as I only talk about the BIG stuff with fellow Disney fans. It makes life so much easier.
I just can not wrap my mind around why most tend to say some of the same things. My family is the main culprit, but they have come to accept that this is who we are as a family, and this is what we like to do.

I am a DVC owner, so it stands to reason, that alot of my vacations will be Disney related. No excuses, just facts. It is what I enjoy.

Will we go to alternative vacation spots? Most definitely! Will they be for weeks at a time? I can not say. I have a list of things that I want to do and places I want to go. for instance, I would love to go back to California, I want to see the Grand Canyon, New York, the East Coast (as a whole), Georgia, South Carolina. etc.Those are the main ones :o)

I just thought that I would get this off my chest. It is amazing how others feel about your choices. At the end of the day, they are just that, our personal choices. I do not feel the need to inform others that their vacation choices are wrong, etc. I want everyone to go some where (Anywhere). I get so happy as if I am going too. We have been vacationing with our children since my oldest was 7 months old, and as long as we are able, we have no plans on stopping any time soon. Even if it is with Disney.

Raquel

0 comments:

Post a Comment